century. Frame framework eliminates 97.42% effort in developing software. The framework comes
with almost everything you need to build a modern web application. It has a full blown Admin UI
called the Desk which handles forms, navigation, lists, menus, permissions, file attachment and more
Frappe manages the application including:
● Database operations (CRUD)
● Web Workers and Job Workers
● Admin UI (Desk)
● Portal UI
● Reports and Prints
● REST API
● Communication (Email/SMS etc)
Frappe Framework uses the following services for running the application:
Frappe was built to power our flagship product ERPNext. The core philosophy at Frappe is to write as
little code as possible. Frappe Framework powers mission critical products for large businesses.
Customers use the Frappe framework for building internal apps as well as full stack customer facing
SaaS applications. It comes with following benefits
Rapid Application Development
After setting up Frappe Framework, you can be productive in no time. Creating models, wiring
controller code and updating views are all handled by the framework.
Frequently used components in building B2B softwares
Anything that might be needed by a modern web application is probably built into the framework
already. PDF generation, Emails, SMS, Web Pages you name it. If there is something missing in Frappe
Framework, we might already be working on it right now.
Bench is the all-in-one tool to manage all things Frappe. It handles app updates, database migrations,
generating configs for nginx and supervisor, scaffolding new apps and much more.
Bench supports multi-tenancy out of the box. It means you can spin up multiple instances of apps with
separate databases on the same codebase. It also supports port-based multi-tenancy where you can
set up multiple bench environments for different versions of apps.
Build powerful extensions on top of Frappe by creating your own apps. Apps can bring their own
models or modify existing ones in Frappe.
Frappe Cloud (frappecloud.com) makes it easy to host Frappe Apps like ERPNext with a modern
dashboard, analytics, and predictable pricing. Frappe Cloud is powered by AWS
Why Frappe Cloud
Frappe Cloud offers reliable, scalable and secure cloud hosting for Frappe and ERPNext Enterprise Plus applications.
1. Dedicated Server: Setup, configure and manage a server with analytics, notifications etc.
2. Private benches: Run multiple version sites on the same server
3. Site management: Add, drop sites, manage upgrades, backups
5. Support: SLA based support for sites and servers managed by Frappe Cloud
1. 99.97% Uptime: Ensures a high level of availability with 99.9% uptime, minimizing potential disruptions
and downtime for users
2. Backup and recovery: Offers a user-friendly mechanism for backup and recovery for both application and
3. Notifications: Proactive alarms for key metrics such as CPU, memory, diskspace, utilization, VM
management, resource starvation
4. Managed upgrades: Tool for managing deployments and upgrades with automated recovery.
5. Logs and analytics: Provides in-depth analytics on downtime events, helping businesses understand
patterns, identify bottlenecks, and optimize operations
1. Virtual Private Cloud: Creates a secure and isolated virtual network environment, allowing businesses to deploy resources with enhanced privacy and control over their cloud infrastructure
2. Dedicated servers with VPN: Ensures data privacy and confidentiality by establishing encrypted and secure connections over the internet, enabling safe communication and remote access to private networks
3. Access Controls: Team based access to specific sites and key based SSH access to private servers
4. Traffic and log monitoring: Helps you monitor and do forensic analysis of security incidents
5. Security assessment (ISO27001): We do regular security assessment and certification including ISO 27001 and third party VAPT. You will be among the first to know any newly discovered vulnerabilities
1. Database analysis: Access to slow query logs and other database analytics
2. Dynamic resource allocation: Dynamically resize your servers based on your need
Typical Frappe Cloud (FC) cluster has a similar architecture:
A more complex architecture would explain the redundancy for each server along with the network cluster.